Divorce can not only be traumatic personally, but the outcome can affect the financial condition of the parties far beyond the end of the marital relationship. Mr. Ickert has served both sides of the marital dispute serving as an independent and objective financial and valuation expert.
Services rendered as part of the domestic relations practice include:
- Valuation of closely held business enterprises
- Preparation of the marital statement of assets, liabilities and net worth
- Identification, valuation and location of hidden marital assets
- Identify and trace separate property of the parties
- Identify and support claims for dissipation of marital assets
- Determine the true economic income of the parties for purposes of spousal and/or child support
- Analyze tax consequences of marital asset distributions and spousal support awards.
- Assist legal counsel in identifying all financial records and documentation required to ensure a complete accounting to both parties.
- Acted as the forensic accountant and expert in tracing separate assets over a span of thirty years involving numerous transactions and transformations with marital property added and removed during the period analyzed. Established the inaccuracy of opposing spouse’s efforts to substantiate his claimed separate property.
- Analyzed financial documentation to thwart claims of separate property by spouse through numerous complex financial transactions identifying in excess of $3,000,000 of property improperly excluded from the martial balance sheet. Identified true economic income of self- employed spouse exceeding amounts reflected on tax returns or admitted to by opposing spouse.
- Valued several privately held business interests held within a complex financial network and identified spouse’s true economic income for spousal support purposes.